Separation and Divorce

If one spouse or partner leaves the relationship with the intention of ending it, the couple is separated, whether or not the other person agrees. You cannot force your spouse or partner to remain in the relationship because you do not want to separate.

You do not apply to the court for a separation. There is no such thing as being ‘legally separated’ in Canada. The expression “legally separated” indicates that former spouses have a signed Separation Agreement.

I can help you negotiate and draft a Separation Agreement.

To obtain a Divorce, an application must be filed with a court along with certain documents.

Usually, married couples obtain a “Separation Agreement” prior to filing for Divorce.

I can guide you through your chosen course of action./p

Family Law practiced with passion, truth, integrity, and commitment.